Global talent acquisition allows you to strategically focus on attracting, engaging, hiring, and retaining talent for your company from around the world. Having a wider pool of candidates to choose from can increase the likelihood that you will not rush the hiring process. Instead, you will hire someone who is a good fit for your team on every level.
To find those people, you need to have an online presence and create a funnel to attract the exact people you are looking for. In this article, you will learn about the advantages of a global talent acquisition funnel and how to use it to keep the right candidates engaged.
What are the Stages in a Global Talent Acquisition Funnel?
A global talent acquisition funnel takes what you know about the four stages a candidate goes through when considering a job and allows you to use it to your advantage.
- Awareness: They become aware of your brand through social media, blog posts, email newsletters, or events you host/sponsor.
- Education: Show potential candidates how working for your company would benefit them.
- Consideration: Potential candidates decide if the answers you provided were what they want to hear or not. If they like what you have to say, they will be interested in applying for the job/internship.
- Decision-Making: You keep your global audience interested in your brand, so the right candidates will eventually make it to the onboarding process.
The funnel allows you to narrow your global audience, so you get the best talent for your company.
4 Benefits of Implementing a Global Talent Acquisition Funnel
Here are some benefits to consider:
1. A Funnel is Proactive, Not Reactive
In most situations in life, it is best to be proactive rather than reactive. In the past, recruiting was more like a reactive response, trying to meet needs as they arose. For instance, hiring because someone resigned or a new position has opened up. You post on job boards, scour LinkedIn, and even call in some headhunters. Unfortunately, this model puts your business and your team behind from the start. To fill the position as quickly as possible, you may end up sacrificing quality.
The new global talent acquisition funnel model focuses on engaging talent and having an ongoing recruitment plan. Here are some steps to help you start thinking more proactively using this model:
- Create a hiring plan right away: Know who you want to hire and when you need to hire them. Your hiring plan should also include employee salaries and your growth strategies.
- Keep a warm candidate database: When you interview someone that is just not the right fit, do not totally disregard them. Keep a database of potential candidates. Down the road, someone in your database might be a great fit for a new position in your company. Having a record of warm candidates is much better than starting from scratch every single time.
- Manage candidate engagement: Use a CRM tool or an Excel file to keep track of engagement and analytics. Doing so will give you insight into what type of content in your funnel is attracting and creating the most engagement with ideal candidates.
2. Save Time, Money, and Frustration
A global talent acquisition funnel allows you to narrow your search easily and painlessly. By the time candidates come to you for an interview, you are choosing from a pool of the most talented and qualified around the world, instead of just anyone who is looking for a job.
3. Candidates Will Want to Work for Your Company
Your funnel will help you create content to keep prospects engaged and chomping at the bit to land a position in your company.
4. You Can Widen Your Hiring Pool
Why limit yourself to US candidates only? Your ideal candidate could be across the globe. Widening your hiring pool will allow you to find the best person for the job, instead of settling for the next best thing.
When you decide to invest in global talent acquisition, you are opening your company up to a broader pool of qualified candidates. It is especially important to do this if your company is highly specialized.
How to Optimize Your Recruiting Funnel to Get the Best Candidates
Here are a few ways to ensure that your funnel attracts your ideal candidate:
Now, more than ever, it is vital to have an online presence. With COVID-19 ramping up, more people are having to work from home and turning to the internet for just about everything, from looking for the perfect job to completing their work virtually.
You can capitalize on this by creating online content for your funnel. Your global talent acquisition manager can develop a funnel that will attract candidates and improve your chance of a better global talent acquisition hire.
Identify Your Ideal Candidate
Do not simply think you will know your candidates when you see them or their resumes. Having a clear vision of who you want on your team and the type of skills you want them to possess is vital to the content creation, engagement, and hiring processes.
To define your ideal candidate, write down what you want them to bring to the table:
- Work experience
Also, identify the dealbreakers, things that you absolutely do not want in your company.
Create Content to Attract Your Ideal Candidate
Brand awareness is not just for finding clients – it will familiarize potential interns and employees with you, too.
Discuss creating content around brand awareness with a content manager and/or your global talent acquisitions manager. Find out how you can create content that is both on-brand and enticing to would-be employees.
Make sure to create a content marketing plan so that you maintain an online presence. Post regularly to social media, create blog posts, upload videos – whatever your ideal employee is looking for, create it. Wherever your ideal employee is hanging out online, post there.
Narrow the Pool
Your global talent acquisition team has done an amazing job and now you have a plethora of applications. While exciting, it can also be overwhelming.
Determine what it will take for a candidate’s resume to land in your interview pile and not a slush pile by providing questionnaires and using screening filters.
Appointing a Candidate
Your favorite candidate has made it to the bottom of your funnel. Now, it is time to close the deal. While identifying your ideal candidate, consider how your company is going to persuade them to sign on with you.
Think about what is important to your candidate. In the past, all you needed to do was offer a competitive salary and sweeten the deal with some employee benefits. However, times have changed. Some people are not impressed by money and benefits. Instead, they would rather work for a company that has a reputation for strong ethics or provides employees with various learning opportunities.
Take Time to Optimize Your Funnel to Attract the Best Applicants
Creating a funnel will take time, effort, and money, all of which can be taxed when you are just starting out. However, it is an investment that can take your business to the next level even faster. Whether you are looking for an intern or top-tier employees, with a global talent acquisition funnel, you will get the very best talent who will help you create a thriving company.
Are you struggling to find interns that are just the right fit for your company? We can help! Contact us today to learn more about how to attract the best talent for your team.